The Best of the Blogosphere
The latest from a few of our favorites:
Wonkette: a variety of edgy commentary
- I Also Need $190 Million To LiveWe need to talk about the rich people.
- The Week In Garbage Men: How To Celebrate International Men’s Day Like A Misogynistic AsshatToday, in case you were not aware, is International Mens Day. Coincidentally, it is also National Toilet Day.
- Deleted Emails: We Were CC’d On An Email To GOD!We got a very rude email, and it turned out to be right. Also, God has our email address, but is not the rude one.
- Weird How These Anti-LGBTQ Lawmaker Guys Can’t Keep Their Hands Off The Teenage Boys!Republicans are pizzagating themselves for your open thread!
- Don’t Panic Wonkers, But It Seems That Donald Trump May Be … POOR!!!Wait, Trump was lying about his net worth? Clutch the damn pearls!
- Ohio Supreme Court Judge Wants You To Know He Is A Real Sex Machine To All The ChicksOne might say he is missing the point?
- Your Weekly Top Ten Is NOT A HORSE OR A GOOSE OR A CUPCAKE, OK?YOU COME READ YOUR TOP TEN STORIES RIGHT NOW!
New Civil Rights Movement: news and opinion focused on issues that affect the LGBTQ community
- Trump Responds to Senator Flake’s Hot Mic Commentary on GOP Being ‘Toast,’ Believes He’s Your Favorite President“Saying Bad Things About Your Favorite President”
- Jeffrey Tambor Announces ‘Transparent’ Exit Amidst Sexual Harassment AllegationsFaces Two Accusations of Sexual Harassment
- Trump Says He Should’ve Left American Citizens in Foreign Jail After Lack of Praise From UCLA Player’s FatherClaims Credit for Release (Again)
- Sean Hannity Draws Attention to Ad Boycott with Twitter Meltdown (Video)“WHY DO YOU SUPPORT THIS?”
- ‘No News Here’: Senator Flake Responds to Being Caught on Hot Mic Slamming GOP, Trump and Moore“I’ve Been Saying This”
- WATCH: McKinnon’s Jeff Sessions Returns to SNL for Questioning“When I Say ‘I Do Not,’ You Say ‘Recall!’”
- Caught on Hot Mic, Senator Jeff Flake Says GOP is ‘Toast’ if They Become Party of Trump and Moore (Video)Local Mayor Encourages Presidential Bid
- Virginia Sherriff’s Deputy Reassigned to Court Duty After Dressing in Blackface Formerly Served as D.A.R.E. Officer
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Joins the ‘Justice League’ on ‘Jimmy Kimmel’“You Can’t Handle the Ruth”
- 374 Days After Presidential Election, Trump Tells Hillary Clinton to Get On With Her LifeCalls Clinton, Who Won Popular Vote, ‘Worst (And Biggest) Loser’
- REPORT: 'Family Values' GOP State Lawmaker Who Resigned for Having Sex in His Office Sexually Assaulted TeenRepublican Was Tied to Tony Perkins
- Alabama Governor: I'm Proud to Vote for Roy Moore and I Have No Reason to Disbelieve Allegations of Sexual AssaultRepublican Kay Ivey Says It's Important to Have a Republican Representing Alabama in the Senate
- Kayla Moore Defends Husband From Attacks Because 'Most of All He Is a Christian''He Is a Loving Father and a Grandfather. Most Important, He Is a Christian'
- Republican Lawmaker Who Lost Virginia Race to Danica Roem Attacks Her 'Radical Transgender Agenda'Sore Loser Pens Letter to the Editor
- Australia's Margaret Court Says Lawmakers 'Not Listening to Conservatives' After Vast Majority Vote for Same-Sex Marriage'They Are Not Allowing You to Speak' Anti-Gay Pentecostal Christian Minister Court Falsely Claims
- Ellen: Trump Is 'Encouraging Americans to Kill Elephants' Who Have Abilities 'I Have Yet to See in This President''Elephants Show Compassion, Sympathy, Social Intelligence, Self Awareness' DeGeneres Says
- 'In Case You’ve Forgotten Here’s The Donald’s Access Hollywood Tape': Twitter Explodes After Trump Attacks Franken'Al Frankenstien'
- Religious Right Extremists Say Roy Moore Will Defend Against 'LGBT Transgender Mafia' Speaker Denounces 'Homosexualist Gay Terrorism'
- Protected by Christian Leaders Roy Moore Walks Out of Press Conference When Asked if He 'Dated High School Girls''Does Judge Roy Moore Categorically Deny He Dated High School Girls – Teenaged High School Girls When He Was in His 30's?'
- Trump Continues to Refuse to Speak on Roy Moore, Again Has Press Secretary Cover for Him With Another Canned CommentOne Full Week Later, President Has Yet to Personally Say a Word on the Allegations Against Roy Moore
Scholars and Rogues: a diverse band of political and social analysts, activists, jesters, and troublemakers
- Autumn angel
- Awopbopaloobop Alopbamboom… rock music according to Nik Cohn“Elvis is where pop begins and ends. He’s the great original and even now he’s the image that makes all others seem shoddy, the boss. For once, the fan club spiel is […]
- Your Daily Devotional for November 17, 2017As the father of a daught …. oh fuck it, men are pigs. Your Daily Devotional is a lightly-edited entry from my Twitter feed. Follow me at @jefftiedrich
- Do you have regrets?Sometimes that which does not kill us doesn’t make us stronger. Sometimes it breaks us. And bad mistakes I’ve made a few There’s this thing we’ve all learned to say: I have […]
- Your Daily Devotional for November 16, 2017Jeff Sessions, too racist to be a district court judge but exactly the right amount of racist to be Trump’s attorney general. Your Daily Devotional is a lightly-edited entry from my Twitter […]
- BacklightAbstract tulip from a series…
- Wait – the Republican tax bill might do something good?I hate to say it, but the Republican tax proposals, which would be generally horrible for most people if adopted in their current form, might actually do something good, although this will […]
- Your Daily Devotional for November 15, 2017Donald Trump Jr. is so criminally stupid that if he hadn’t been born rich, right now he’d be on an episode of Cops, drunk and with his shirt half off. Your Daily […]
- Your Daily Devotional for November 13, 2017Thank god Roy Moore is only a child molester and not a woman with a private email server, because there are consequences for that. Your Daily Devotional is a lightly-edited entry from […]
- The standout
Climate Denial Crock of the Week: Peter Sinclair, a long time advocate of environmental awareness and energy alternatives
- We Have the Best Disasters! Trump Recovery Misfires in Texas, Ignores CaliforniaWe have the best disasters. The age of climate consequences is just beginning, and the response is completely inadequate. Greed and incompetence. Not just for Puerto Ricans anymore. Dallas Morning News: WASHINGTON — Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and a host of bipartisan congressional lawmakers are slamming the new $44 billion White House disaster relief aid […]
- Two Bills: Maher and Mckibben on ClimateBelow, bonus – brilliant “Christmas Carol” for Trump send-up. Filed under: Crock of the Week
- The Weekend Wonk: A Paid Climate Skeptic Wakes Up“Radio lab” style interview with former Cato Institute climate denial hack Jerry Taylor. Now woke. Older print interview here, I am reposting. The Intercept: Sharon Lerner: What did you think when you first encountered the concept of climate change back in the 1990s? Jerry Taylor: From 1991 through 2000, I was a pretty good warrior […]
- Tesla Truck is Awesome. New Roadster is a Bonus0 to 60 in 5 seconds. 500 mile range. That’s the truck – the roadster is faster, and runs farther. Solar powered mega charger network – runs on sunlight. “A hardcore smackdown” to gasoline powered transit. BBC: Tesla has unveiled its first electric articulated lorry, designed to challenge diesel trucks as king of the road. […]
- For Sea Level, Some Glaciers Affect your City More than OthersThe remaining rifts in #LarsenC after iceberg #A68 broke off can be seen clearly in #Landsat8 of 10 Nov. How long before they produce new icebergs? pic.twitter.com/w3xhA80bUb — Stef Lhermitte (@StefLhermitte) November 16, 2017 Important concept – Ice sheets are so massive, that they create their own gravitational field, pulling ocean water towards them. As […]
- California May Reach 50 Percent Renewable Goal 10 Years EarlyCalifornia has a goal of 50 percent renewable energy by 2030. Looks like they’ll beat that. Common situation. San Francisco Chronicle: An annual report issued Monday by California regulators found that the state’s three big, investor-owned utilities — Pacific Gas and Electric Co., Southern California Edison and San Diego Gas & Electric Co. — are […]
- New Battery Tech Erodes Indian Coal. Renewables to Aid “Energy Poverty”Bloomberg: India’s power distributors are balking at traditional 25-year thermal-power purchase contracts, avoiding lengthy entanglements so they can benefit as costs for batteries and renewable energy slide. Now in vogue: agreements that last 10 years or even less. “In the next five to 10 years battery storage may be coming in a big way,” Deepak Amitabh, […]
- Beyond the March for Science: Scientists Act by Running for OfficePhD volcanologist Jesse Phoenix is running against climate denier Steve Knight in California. CrowdPac: I’ve seen the value of stepping up my whole life. Both of my parents were FBI agents for over 20 years. When you have people like that as your role models, loyalty, bravery, and integrity become your way of life. Until […]
- US Flood Insurance is Swamped by Corruption, Climate ChangeBob Henson – Weather Underground: A tangle of politics and problems may force yet another delay in long-sought updates to the broke, beleaguered U.S. National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Congress has the unenviable task of putting NFIP back in the black without raising rates too quickly on folks who can’t afford to leave vulnerable coastal […]
- At COP23: Protesters Disrupt Trumpian “Coal is Cool” PanelProtesters disrupted the embarrassing US panel at Bonn’s climate conference, which portrayed the US position that coal is a solution to climate change. Lyrics: After singing, the group walked out. Filed under: Crock of the Week
Title image: Bizarro, by Dan Piraro.