The Best of the Blogosphere
The latest from a few of our favorites:
Wonkette: a variety of edgy commentary
- Happy Lucky 13th Anniversary, Melania Trump And This Hot Marine!Many happy returns!
- Chuck Schumer Tells Trump To Stick The Border Wall Up His Culo GordoNo More Mr. Nice Chuck
- Tony Perkins Giving Trump A ‘Mulligan’ On Stormy Daniels Is Par For The Evangelical CourseBoth Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart are still in business. This is not a bug, it's a feature.
- Oh Fiddlesticks, Hope Jefferson Butterscotch Sessions Didn’t Lie To Robert Mueller Too Much!BIG NEWS IN THE ROBERT MUELLER INVESTIGATION!
- No, Trump Voter Fraud Commission Didn’t Want List Of All Texas’s Hispanicos! It Was Just A Mistake By The Guy With The Child Porn!It's just one bad actor, nothing to see here. Or completely innocent cross-checking, that too.
- Oh Go Fuck Yourself, Devin NunesDevin Nunes has a SECRET, but he's not gonna TELL YOU!
- ‘Reopen The Government’ Just Another Word For ‘Fuck With The ACA Some More’Why just fund the government for three weeks when you can also tinker with some tax cuts, too?
New Civil Rights Movement: news and opinion focused on issues that affect the LGBTQ community
- CIA Director: Trump Is a 'Sophisticated' Consumer of Intelligence – Even if He Doesn't Get National Security Briefings Daily'Near-Daily'
- Kentucky Governor Issues Statement on Shooting That Left 2 Teens Dead, 17 Injured. Doesn't Say It Was a Shooting.Calls It 'A Tremendous Tragedy' but Not a Shooting. 'Unbelievable That This Would Happen' but Not a Shooting.
- Washington Post: Mueller Wants to Interview Trump About Firing Comey and FlynnObstruction of Justice?
- Robert Mueller Has Interviewed James ComeyIs Mueller Closing In?
- Two Teenaged Students Killed, 17 Others Injured at Kentucky School Mass ShootingBoth Victims Were 15 Years Old
- Voters in Florida Will Now Be Able to Decide if Voting Rights of Non-Violent Felons Should Be Restored1.6 Million More People Could Be Allowed to Vote
- Kentucky High School Shooting: One Person Dead, Several InjuredAt Least Five Injured
- Robert Mueller Has Interviewed Jeff SessionsFirst Trump Cabinet Member to Be Interviewed by Mueller
- Tony Perkins Says Evangelicals Have Given Donald Trump a 'Do Over' for Stormy Daniels'You Get a Mulligan. You Get a Do-Over Here' Perkins Says
- Trump Calls CNN 'Fake News' After Man Arrested for Allegedly Threatening to Shoot CNN Employees Over 'Fake News''The Trump Effect'
- New FBI Director Threatened to Resign After Trump, Sessions Pressured Him to Fire Top Agent'This Much Meddling With the FBI for This Long Is Not Normal'
- REPORT: Trump Wants to Fire His 'Nut Job' Chief of Staff John Kelly – Ivanka Searching for Replacement'Church Lady'
- LGBT People Saw Huge Increase in Hate Crime Homicides Last Year"Trump won the election by saying it was time to take back America for people feeling pushed out by LGBTQ people, immigrants and people of color," AVP's executive director says.
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders: Trump Saying Democrats Are 'Complicit' in Murder Is Just Him Protecting National SecurityClaims Ad Not Being Done by the White House, Despite President's Statement He Approves Its Message
- Base Not Pleased With Senate Democrats Voting to End Shutdown Based on McConnell's DACA PromiseElizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris First to Vote Against Short-Term Funding Bill to End Shutdown
- Breaking: Report – Senate Has Enough Votes to Pass Bill to End Trump ShutdownDemocratic Senators Appear to Have Agreed to Trust McConnell's DACA Promise
- Top WH Aide Stephen Miller Becomes Focus as 'White Supremacist' Who's Blocking Trump Over Immigration on Shutdown Deal'A Fascist and a White Supremacist'
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders: 'Absolutely Appropriate' for Trump to Say Democrats Are 'Complicit' in Murder Lies About Military Pay
- Most Americans Support DACA and Oppose the Wall. Trump Says They Are 'Complicit' in Murder.'I'm Donald Trump and I Approve This Message'
- White House Defends Trump Ad Calling Democrats ‘Complicit in Every Murder by Illegal Immigrants’ (Video)“You Know That Ad was Created by an Outside Group”
Scholars and Rogues: a diverse band of political and social analysts, activists, jesters, and troublemakers
- The story remains untoldPortland, OR
- Your Daily Devotional for January 23, 2017No one could have predicted that the guy who fucking bankrupted five fucking casinos and a fucking hotel would fucking run America into the fucking ground. Your Daily Devotional is a lightly-edited […]
- Updated: New Facebook !#$&-ery afoot.Update: I only just made a comment with a link to a Twitter account. Moments after posting, I got the same notification I detail below. Fuckery is indeed afoot. ————– I’m a […]
- Your Daily Devotional for January 22, 2018Weird how the party of Nazis and child molesters can’t run a government. Your Daily Devotional is a lightly-edited entry from my Twitter feed. Follow me at @jefftiedrich
- If we held Congress as accountable as we hold pharmaceutical companies…Fine, I’ll wait. Stop laughing. They’d at least have one of those fast-talking disclaimers at the end of everything they do. Warning: may cause anal seepage, running sores, exploding liver, chronic halitosis, […]
- Shutdown: some historical perspectiveMy two cents and $5 might get you a value meal somewhere. I like a little historical perspective. It all started when this guy did all these things, but in keeping with […]
- When Congress rejects your false dichotomy
- UPDATED: Women’s March 2018: Seneca Falls, NYFrom the Women’s March in Seneca Falls. Updated – 1:48 EST
- If everybody were like me, the world would be…I think a lot of us have this idea in our heads that if everyone in the world were more like us things would generally a lot better. Maybe we’d even have […]
Climate Denial Crock of the Week: Peter Sinclair, a long time advocate of environmental awareness and energy alternatives
- Put Me In Coach. The Rise of Solar PitchmenHe’s CRAAZY for solar energy. Another sign of renewables going mainstream. Advertisements
- Anti-Science Committee Inquisition ContinuesNot just banning words. Banning thought. Silencing Science Tracker: On January 17, 2018, the Chairman of the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology, Lamar Smith, and the Chairman of the House Subcommittee on Environment, Andy Biggs, requested that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) investigate possible violations of anti-lobbying rules by […]
- War on Science No Joke, Not Just US, Threatens Global SurvivalAs our own home grown Taliban thrives under an anti-science administration, might be a useful exercise to ponder where it leads. When you reflect that anti-vaccination shibboleths have made their way into Republican Presidential debates in the USA, you see the problem. NYTimes: Two polio vaccinators — a mother-daughter team — were shot dead in […]
- Tariffically Dumb. Here Comes the Sun, Anyway, SuckersOk, no surprise the Putin puppets, coal worshippers and wind baggers in the Trump administration have levied a 30 percent tariff on imported solar panels. While I don’t blame vampires for resisting being dragged into the sunlight, think about it this way guys, at least you’ll be free of those chains. There’s a lot of […]
- Mexico Won’t Pay, of Course, but here’s 5 Other Things to Know about “The Wall”We already know Mexico is not going to pay for it.
- Trump’s Coal Miners Still out of Work, as Climate SuffersReuters: President Donald Trump’s effort to put coal miners back to work stumbled in most coal producing states last year, even as overall employment in the downtrodden sector grew modestly, according to preliminary government data obtained by Reuters. Trump made reviving the coal industry, and the declining communities that depend upon its jobs, a central […]
- Breakout Year (again): Renewables Plus Storage are HereRenewEconomy (Australia): UK-based billionaire Sanjeev Gupta is looking to buy equipment from and use part of the old Holden factory in South Australia to create an electric vehicle production line in what would be a remarkable transformation of Australia’s car industry and economy. Gupta, whose GFG Alliance last year bought the OneSteel business in Australia […]
- Portlandia: What About Men?I’ll think of this from now on, every time I see a bunch of whiny Alt-right man-boys.
- Moment: Wonder Woman in No Man’s LandGuys, she’s taking all the fire. Let’s Go!
- The Weekend Wonk: 2017 was HOT. Climate Models Affirmed. Climate May be MORE Sensitive than ThoughtDamn, anyone else have that Flu from Hell? I’ve been clobbered ever since I got back from the American Geophysical Union meeting, a month ago. At least functional over last couple weeks, but mental cobwebs and nagging cough are annoying – starting to clear. Anyhow, it’s 2018, I’ve got a wealth of important new interviews […]
Title image: Bizarro, by Dan Piraro.