The Best of the Blogosphere
The latest from a few of our favorites:
Wonkette: a variety of edgy commentary
- We Are In DC, Gon’ TAKE YOUR FUCKING GUNS 😀A couple weeks ago, we left Montana to head to DC for the #teens’ March For Our Lives (we drive slow). We stopped by to see our girlfriend on the way out of town, and her friendly, not-stupid, but very racist trucker boyfriend was so happy for us! “Whatcha doing in New York?” he wanted […]
- Donald Trump Deigns To Not Fucking Shut Down Government In Today’s Manic FrenzyYou just know that Trump only found out the bill was ready today.
- That Is Not What ‘Lovesick’ IsIt is not a coincidence that the people who face the least amount of injustice are the ones who can't handle it when things don't go their way.
- Court Orders Scott Walker To Stop Fucking The BadgerCan't lose an election if you refuse to let the people vote!
- Sacramento Cops Shoot Unarmed Man Dead For Holding Cell Phone While BlackWe would like to never have to type 'police shoot unarmed black man' ever again.
- Trump Tried To Pay Karen McDougal For Sex, Because She’s Almost As Hot As Ivanka! (ALLEGEDLY)COME, LET US LIVEBLOG TOGETHER!
- You’re Not Gonna Believe This, But Another Lawyer In The White House Would Like To QuitWe are starting to sense a pattern here!
New Civil Rights Movement: news and opinion focused on issues that affect the LGBTQ community
- Her Father Just Banned Transgender Troops Again So This Old Tweet From Ivanka Is Going Viral – and Not in a Good Way'Delete This'
- Trump Announces New Ban on Transgender Troops'Disqualified From Military Service Except Under Certain Limited Circumstances'
- Roy Moore Supporters Accused of Offering $10,000 to Discredit Woman Who Accused Him of Inappropriate Sexual Behavior'Two Men Worked to Discredit One of Roy Moore’s Accusers'
- 5 Weeks After Parkland Betsy DeVos Finally Forms School Gun Safety Commission – and She Wants to Hear From You"Members of the public with recommendations on how to increase school safety can send them..."
- Leaked Memo Reveals How Cambridge Analytica Used Duck Dynasty to Convince Undecided Voters to Choose TrumpA leaked document shows how Cambridge Analytica targeted certain types of social media users during the 2016 presidential campaign after harvesting personal data from Facebook.
- Trump's New Husband-Wife Legal Team of Fox News Pundits to Defend Him Against Mueller May Already Be OutCNN Reports Joe DiGenova and Victoria Toensing May Not Join the Trump Team
- Anti-Gay Hate Group Pulls Support From Anti-Gay 'Religious Freedom' Bill Because It's Not Anti-Gay Enough'Trojan Horse That Will Do More Harm Than Good'
- NY TIMES: John Bolton Paid Cambridge Analytica $1.2 Million to Make Americans 'More Militaristic''Obsessed With How America Was Becoming-Limp Wristed and Spineless'
- Trump Threatens to Veto Just-Passed $1.3 Trillion Spending Bill – Over DACA, Which He Ended'I Am Considering a VETO of the Omnibus Spending Bill'
- Stormy Daniels' Attorney Brilliantly Trolls Trump With Mysterious Photo"If 'a picture is worth a thousand words,' how many words is this worth?????"
- Trump's New National Security Advisor John Bolton 'Wants to Go to War First, Diplomacy Second' Says Bush White House LawyerBolton Could 'Put Us in a Nuclear War'
- H.R. McMaster Out – Bolton InTrump Makes Announcement Moments After News Breaks
- A Trump Official Just Told the UN America Is 'A Pro-Life Country' and Advocated for 'Abstinence-Only' Sex EdPro-Life Anti-Transgender Activist Damaging U.S. Foreign Policy at the UN
- Trump to Hire 'Killer' Attorney and Fox News Pundit Who Wants to Investigate Robert MuellerOnce Claimed Benghazi Was 'A Corrupt Cover-Up to Protect Hillary Clinton'
- Watch Live Now: White House Hosts Anti-Gay Hate Group and Anti-LGBT Officials, Activists at Forum for College StudentsAnti-Gay Hate Group and Anti-LGBT Activists Invited to White House Forum
- Man Killed Outside Gay Bar – Driver 'Intentionally Hit' Several Patrons'Driver Was Out of Control and Angry'
- Trump's Top Lawyer in Russia Probe QuitsDowd Out
- Leaks From Within the Trump Administration Are So Bad the White House Had a Meeting About Them – Someone Leaked the DetailsThe White House is scrambling to stem a tide of leaks and rumors, White House sources told The Daily Beast this week.
- Wanted: Weekend Contributing EditorAward-Winning Progressive News and Opinion Site Announces Call for Weekend Contributing Editor
- Look: Parkland Student Survivors Are Time Magazine's Cover Story“The adults know that we’re cleaning up their mess”
Scholars and Rogues: a diverse band of political and social analysts, activists, jesters, and troublemakers
- Your Daily Devotional for March 23, 2018After John Bolton turns the world into a radioactive post-apocalyptic cinder, the New York Times will be interviewing giant mutant cockroaches from West Virginia who still support Trump. Your Daily Devotional is […]
- Biden vs Trump to main event Hell in a Cell 2020Prankster Joe vs President Bone Spurs? Yes, please. I’d pay good money to see this. Septuagenarian smackdown? Trump, Biden trade fighting words By Associated Press March 22 at 9:37 AM WASHINGTON — […]
- Your Daily Devotional for March 22, 2018Only in America would a child obtaining a gun and bringing it to school and ending up being shot to death by a cop be lauded as an example of “the system […]
- Your Daily Devotional for March 21, 2018To recap yesterday: a child obtained a gun, just as our founding fathers intended, and brought that gun to school, just as our founding fathers intended, at which point he shot two […]
- How a cat gets it doneMy fuzzy espionage friend Mikazuki and I are pleased to present you with this brief visual guide illustrating The Four Stages of Kitty-Induced Aggravation, as established by famous Swiss animal behaviorists in […]
- Let’s dance: Spring Equinox 2018Happy Equinox from the staff at S&R…
- Hoping for winter’s survival
- Your Daily Devotional for March 20, 2018If you ever wondered how Nazi Germany happened, look no further than Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, neither of whom will lift a finger to stop Trump because tax cuts for their […]
- Your Daily Devotional for March 19, 2018Millions of these nitwit Deplorables who claim to love freedom and worship the constitution would give up both in a heartbeat and start cheering wildly if Trump announced tomorrow that he was […]
Climate Denial Crock of the Week: Peter Sinclair, a long time advocate of environmental awareness and energy alternatives
- Climate Denial’s Day in CourtAbove, CEO of Shell – “my next buy is and electric car”. Below, an extraordinary “day in court” for climate science. NYTimes: SAN FRANCISCO — There were no test tubes or Bunsen burners, but a courtroom turned into a science classroom Wednesday for a U.S. judge considering lawsuits that accuse big oil companies of lying […]
- “Limited” Nuclear War Could be Planetary CatastropheIt’s 1962 again. Mashable: It’s winter, 2018, in Iowa, five months after the last of the nuclear bombs detonated across megacities in northeast Asia, from Seoul to Tokyo to Shanghai. Radioactive fallout was the initial concern, but now something else is going awry: the weather. American farmers accustomed to snow and cold during the winter […]
- New Research: Could North Atlantic Current be Slowing?I took some heat for the above video from some who questioned whether the slowdown of the North Atlantic current, discussed here, was still a live issue in climate science. My take evolved, having heard from heavy hitting scientists like J.P. Steffensen,(above) and Mike Mann, Stefan Rahmstorf and Jason Box (below) that a persistent “cold […]
- Climate’s “Pizza Gate”: Right and Left Wing “Resilience Truthers”Above – “we’ve heard about cloud seeding, Chemtrails, these are all things”. Well, actually only one of those is a thing, and probably not what crazy internet guy thinks. There’s a “horseshoe theory” of politics, which states that the continuum of politics is not a straight line, but bent more like a horseshoe, meaning the […]
- Could Arctic Carbon Bomb be Larger than Thought?Above video outlines the problem. I spend a lot of time pushing back on catastrophist notions that a “methane bomb” is going to wipe out humanity in coming decades. Simply hard to find scientists who agree with that. But we do have a problem, and it may be that the dimensions are poorly understood. New […]
- Cost and Public Demand Driving New Solar SouthUtility Dive: The remarkable transition that utilities in the Southeast are undergoing is a powerful indicator of the profound changes happening in the nation’s power sector. The Southeast had 200 MW of solar capacity in 2012, but led by North Carolina’s Duke Energy utilities and Georgia Power, it had 6 GW at the end of […]
- Simpler, Faster, Cheaper. New Solar Racking Leapfrogs Solar TariffsMore reasons why Trump/Putin/Republicans want to do away with renewable energy research. (see below) Technology and ingenuity can be tools of, or a weapons against, tyranny. Perfect example showing simple tech improvements can leverage dramatic cost reductions. Triple Pundit: Solar energy fans haven’t had much to cheer about during the Trump Administration, especially after the President’s […]
- Data Driven: Colbert on Cambridge Analytica
- Fox News Military Advisor Quits: “I’m Ashamed”Sinking ship. Yadda yadda. Buzzfeed: A retired United States Army lieutenant colonel and Fox News contributor quit Tuesday and denounced the network and President Donald Trump in an email to colleagues. “Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous […]
- Coal Field to Forest: “People Seem Happier”Today is International Happiness Day. This is not Rocket science. Guardian: Former miner Graham Knight puts his cup of tea down on the cafe table and looks out through the large glass windows. Trees frame every view; a small herd of cows meander through a copse of silver birch towards a distance lake. “It is […]
Title image: Bizarro, by Dan Piraro.