The Best of the Blogosphere
The latest from a few of our favorites:
Wonkette: a variety of edgy commentary
- A Royal Wedding Of Blacktacularness!Black people today are all up in our feelings as we watched one of our own join the vaunted ranks of the British Aristocracy.
- The Week In Garbage Men: Food Network Idiot Claims ‘Straight White Man’ Is The New N-Word, Gets Ratioed To OblivionAlso, Gavin McInnes says that if women 'belonged' in the workplace they would not complain about sexual harassment.
- Texas Republican Unsure How Demanding His Children Marry White People Makes Him A BigotEven his mom says he makes her sick.
- Nazi Mother-In-Law Fucker Off To Jail. But Not For Assaulting His Lover’s Daughter (His Wife)Try not to cry too hard for this Nazi schmuck, whose bizarre domestic battery case violated his probation in a whole 'nother crime.
- Did Wonkette’s Top 10 Shit The Bed Just A Tiny? NAHHHHHOh my goodness, what will they beeeeee?
- 10 Dead In Santa Fe School Shooting, But Don’t Worry, The Guns Are SafeGuns don't kill people. Too many doors kills people.
- Jordan Peterson Somehow Worse Today Than YesterdayAmazing, but true.
New Civil Rights Movement: news and opinion focused on issues that affect the LGBTQ community
- 'Reading Comprehension Is Just NOT Her Bag': Internet Scolds Tomi Lahren for Saying #MarchForOurLives Is 'Against Everything'Fox News commentator Tomi Lahren is famous for making infamously idiotic statements. She's compared Black Lives Matter to the KKK, and claimed the Millennial vote will go to the candidate who offers "a little less talk about gay wedding cakes and little more emphasis on limited government."
- The Most Powerful Part of the #MarchForOurLives Protest Was When Emma González Stood and Said Nothing – And Yet, Everything'Fight for Your Lives Before It’s Someone Else’s Job'
- During #MarchForOurLives Trump Tweets 'Thoughts and Prayers' to Victims of Violence – in FranceAmerica First?
- Cameron Kasky at #MarchForOurLives: 'Either Represent the People or Get Out...Stand for Us or Beware: The Voters Are Coming''The People Demand a Law Banning the Sale of Assault Weapons'
- DOJ Uses Just-Passed $1.3 Trillion Spending Bill to Cancel School Safety and Violence Research StudiesOnce Again Trump Administration Chooses Conservative Principles and Actions Over Science
- Maher Trolls Trump: His Affairs Are Actually 'The Breakdown of the Family That Conservatives Warned Us About if We Allowed Gay Marriage'HBO host Bill Maher hilariously mocked President Donald Trump’s alleged affairs with adult film stars as an obvious violation of what should be moral Christian values from so-called evangelical conservatives.
- 50 States. 800 Cities. 30 Countries. Today Millions Will Protest Gun Violence and Demand Changes to Gun Laws500,000 to One Million Expected to Rally in DC
- Her Father Just Banned Transgender Troops Again So This Old Tweet From Ivanka Is Going Viral – and Not in a Good Way'Delete This'
- Trump Announces New Ban on Transgender Troops'Disqualified From Military Service Except Under Certain Limited Circumstances'
- Roy Moore Supporters Accused of Offering $10,000 to Discredit Woman Who Accused Him of Inappropriate Sexual Behavior'Two Men Worked to Discredit One of Roy Moore’s Accusers'
- 5 Weeks After Parkland Betsy DeVos Finally Forms School Gun Safety Commission – and She Wants to Hear From You"Members of the public with recommendations on how to increase school safety can send them..."
- Leaked Memo Reveals How Cambridge Analytica Used Duck Dynasty to Convince Undecided Voters to Choose TrumpA leaked document shows how Cambridge Analytica targeted certain types of social media users during the 2016 presidential campaign after harvesting personal data from Facebook.
- Trump's New Husband-Wife Legal Team of Fox News Pundits to Defend Him Against Mueller May Already Be OutCNN Reports Joe DiGenova and Victoria Toensing May Not Join the Trump Team
- Anti-Gay Hate Group Pulls Support From Anti-Gay 'Religious Freedom' Bill Because It's Not Anti-Gay Enough'Trojan Horse That Will Do More Harm Than Good'
- NY TIMES: John Bolton Paid Cambridge Analytica $1.2 Million to Make Americans 'More Militaristic''Obsessed With How America Was Becoming-Limp Wristed and Spineless'
- Trump Threatens to Veto Just-Passed $1.3 Trillion Spending Bill – Over DACA, Which He Ended'I Am Considering a VETO of the Omnibus Spending Bill'
- Stormy Daniels' Attorney Brilliantly Trolls Trump With Mysterious Photo"If 'a picture is worth a thousand words,' how many words is this worth?????"
- Trump's New National Security Advisor John Bolton 'Wants to Go to War First, Diplomacy Second' Says Bush White House LawyerBolton Could 'Put Us in a Nuclear War'
- H.R. McMaster Out – Bolton InTrump Makes Announcement Moments After News Breaks
- A Trump Official Just Told the UN America Is 'A Pro-Life Country' and Advocated for 'Abstinence-Only' Sex EdPro-Life Anti-Transgender Activist Damaging U.S. Foreign Policy at the UN
Scholars and Rogues: a diverse band of political and social analysts, activists, jesters, and troublemakers
- Heartsick, exhausted, ashamed, and enraged – on Santa Fe High and school shootings in generalWhat is wrong with us that we value a thing, a gun, over the lives of our children? After every mass shooting, The Onion runs the same story – “No Way To […]
- Shave and a haircut…Barber chair: Eastern State Penitentiary, Philadelphia
- Your Daily Devotional for May 18, 2018yes please do tell me more about how Hillary colluded with Russia in order to lose her own election so that the deep state could take down the Trump presidency because this […]
- Your Daily Devotional for May 17, 2018Imagine if President Email Lady lifted sanctions on a Chinese corp after China agreed to invest in one of her Asian properties. Fox News would blow a gasket. Hannity would be shitting […]
- If you’re young, what does national security mean to you?If you don’t like what it means today, do something about it. In the early 1950s, I stumbled and bumbled my way through elementary school. The Cold War had begun, and we […]
- Your Daily Devotional for May 16, 2018Imagine if Obama had hastily announced a North Korea summit and assigned himself the Nobel Peace Prize and then it all blew up in his face. Actually you can’t imagine it because […]
- Here’s a novel idea, Israel. Stop killing people.If anyone has a better idea, I’d love to hear it. First off, yes, Hamas are terrorists. They do bad, terrorist things. They also use human shields while they do bad terrorist […]
- Your Daily Devotional for May 15, 2018Jared Kushner, because when I want foreign policy expertise I turn to the underachieving and overleveraged son of a criminally corrupt slumlord who married into the family of a bloated orange and […]
- Liquid mercuryPart 12, in which the Arctic poppies show their mettle, the snow bunting chicks emerge, and a polar bear leaves its mark. 27 June Although my alarm went off at 2200, I […]
- Your Daily Devotional for May 14, 2018If I were up to my eyeballs in Russian mob money and skeevy lawyers and slush funds to pay off porn starts and playmates, the last thing I’d want is to be […]
Climate Denial Crock of the Week: Peter Sinclair, a long time advocate of environmental awareness and energy alternatives
- Carbon Monitoring Restored in Congress, for NowReaders will know that the Trump administration was determined to cancel an important NASA program which monitors global carbon fluxes. Looks like another example of good science being tougher to kill than climate deniers (and Vladimir Putin) would like. Earther: Update 5/18: In a surprising turnaround, the House Appropriations Committee voted yesterday to reinstate the […]
- Local Voices: Calling Out Big Fossil’s Anti-Wind CampaignWind energy is coming to the midwest, and the heart of Michigan in a big and successful way. No surprise, a very well organized fossil fuel funded push-back is active across the state, and throughout the heartland. They’ve been operating mostly unopposed, spreading a lot of misinformation to hard hit rural americans (sound familiar?). All […]
- 50th Anniversary of First Climate Model. Spoiler, They Got it Right.Climate science is built on first order physics, and reliable observations of past climate – not models. The adage “Every model is wrong, but some models are useful” applies, but nevertheless, looking back at the earliest attempts at modeling the atmosphere with modern computers, we can now make a judgement on climate science’s accuracy. Above, […]
- Music Break: Lake Street Dive – I Can ChangeHer name is Rachel Price.
- Scientists Answer Wall Street’s Sea Level NonsenseSo much stupidity on display at the Wall Street Journal, and in congress, on sea level rise. Fortunately, there is help. Climate Feedback: This commentary published by The Wall Street Journal, written by Fred Singer, claims that warming (and therefore greenhouse gas emissions) has no effect on global sea level rise. Although Singer concedes the […]
- Wall Street Journal, Congress, Break Physics with New Theories of Sea Level RiseFile this alongside “There is no gravity, the Earth sucks.” One more reason to support Dark Snow Project. Fred Singer in Wall Street Journal: Of all known and imagined consequences of climate change, many people fear sea-level rise most. But efforts to determine what causes seas to rise are marred by poor data and disagreements […]
- In Lakes, Cat Tails and Algal Blooms could be a Toxic Methane FeedbackWe know that creating new lakes with dams is not a good idea climate wise, as emissions of methane are thought to be significant. Turns out that under current conditions, existing lakes can become significant sources as well – another example of not-so-positive positive feedback in the climate system. Inside Climate News: Blooms of harmful […]
- Buses are Big Backup BatteriesElectric buses a good idea for climate and electric grid. China ahead as is usual lately. Motherboard: We often think of electricity as a one-way transaction. Need to toast a bagel, wash the sheets, or charge your phone? Your fuse box sends you the juice you need. Electric vehicles, though, have the capacity to send […]
- Music Break: Lake Street Dive – Good KisserNot to be missed Bonus Track below. “Musta been somethin”
- Tesla’s Giant Battery Saving Consumers Huge Dollars – Gas Turbines in TroubleGeneral Electric, Siemens, and Mitsubishi, all scaling back production of gas turbines. This is one reason why. Future muddier for gas, bright for batteries. I’ve asked the question before: Will Gas break wind? or Will Wind Pass Gas? REnewEconomy- Australia: The Tesla big battery in South Australia has already taken a 55 per cent share […]
Title image: Bizarro, by Dan Piraro.